Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The denial is no longer mine...

I met with the career counselor and disability services people at school today. I hate it when people say, "Hey... it may never happen." The fact is it will happen. I just don't know when. Someone asked me today if it is hard knowing that it will happen, just not really knowing when. I thought about it, and it's kind of like dying... I know it will happen someday, I just don't know when. Can I control it? No, but I can take steps to postpone the day it comes. Denial will get me nowhere. Denial will only make it easy to go unprepared. We are told to live providently, and to make preparations four our physical security. I put this sort of preparation in that category. I have to prepare myself so that when it happens (I really hope I'm an OLD lady) I will not find myself helpless and dependent on others.

I realized that Heavenly Father has blessed me a lot of wonderful tools that will help me. He has blessed me with a mind that remembers in pictures. When my sight is no longer useful, I will be able to look back on the pages of the photo album in my head. He has blessed me with fine examples of people who persevere through worse things. He has blessed me with a couple of wonderful parents that support me no matter what, and a family full of my best friends.

Today we made carne esada enchiladas. Oh my goodness they are SO GOOD!! Homemade enchilada sauce too, thanks to Emeril. Baby girl is asleep, little boy is asleep, and American Idol is waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment