Sunday, March 7, 2010

Poor little Princess

It's been a very busy weekend! On Friday, we got a lot of errands run, and we got a FoodSaver system and a Ninja at Sam's Club. I totally love them both! Our blender burned up (like, smoke and everything!) a few nights ago, so we needed a new one, and I was tired of our meet getting freezer burned. Both very useful appliances!

After about an hour of trying to figure out the FoodSaver, I finally got it to work. Then, 5 minutes into using it, it stopped working and I could just NOT get it to work! Then, I read the instructions again, and realized that it shuts off automatically when it starts to overheat. This is one appliance that requires a rhythm when being used.

The Ninja is freaking awesome! We made milkshakes last night. Nicholas wanted a Cadbury Orange Creme Egg in an orange milkshake, and I decided to make mine a chocolate malt by adding Robin's Eggs to mine. I had the containers pretty darn packed, and it only took three pulses to mis each milkshake. The unit was so quiet, Nicholas couldn't even hear it running downstairs. It's also super easy to clean up. Way easier than a regular blender.

I also ordered my white cane, so that will be interesting to learn how to use. I'm glad that I don't have to go to Washington, DC without one. We saw Alice in Wonderland, and although the 3D effects were lost on me, it was a much better move than I thought it would be. While we were waiting in line to go into the theater, Nicholas needed to go to the bathroom, so I held our place in line. It got very crowded, and people started bumping into me. Ordinarily, this would be unnerving. That night though, it was terrifying. I couldn't see them, only hear them laugh and then feel them bump into me. I just couldn't keep track of everyone. It was a very uncomfortable situation, and I was so thankful when Nicholas got back before I started crying or screaming or both. Why don't people have any manners anymore? I try my best not to crowd people, and if I bump them, I at least apologize.

We got Little Nicholas's hair cut too. I loved his little curly locks, but people were starting to ask if he was a little girl, so I gave in and got it cut. He looks so grown up now, and the shorter hair really has a slimming affect on him.

The most major thing that happened this weekend, is that Princess found a new home. A lady from the Clarksburg area took her home on Saturday morning. I'm totally heartbroken, and the house feels very weird without her here. I know she will be better off though. I hope she understands someday that I gave her a new home out of love. I love that little rascal so much. I am going to terribly miss her.

No comments:

Post a Comment